Year 3 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 3! The teacher in Year 3 this year will be Miss Mursell and the teaching assistant will be Mrs Lloyd.
We are really looking forward to having the children in our class this year. If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us on Weduc or Facebook or come and see us on the door at the end of the day.
Things to remember;
- PE is on a Thursday, the children are to come to school in their PE kit
- Please send your child into school with a water bottle, every day
- Snack is 20p a day or £1 for the week, there is a choice of fresh fruit or toast
- Please send your child in with their reading record, every day
- Homework will go out on a Friday and must be returned the following Thursday
**Please keep an eye out for our weekly newsletters that will be posted on facebook every Monday to see what Year 3 will be focusing on throughout the week. It will also have important information, dates and websites that can help support the children's learning at home**
Children should be reading at least 4 times per week for 10 minutes or more, this is extremely important as it lays the foundations for future learning. Once your child has read please sign their reading record in order for them to work towards earning their Reader 4 Life certificates.
Just a remider to our parents, children should wear their full school uniform daily unless stated otherwise. School Uniform should include: -
- School jumper or cardigan
- White Shirt/polo shirt
- Tie (colour based on which house your child is in)
- Black/Grey Trousers or skirt
- School Dress
- Black Shoes- black trainers are accepted aslong as there is NO slogan, motif or white sole
your child's PE kit should include: -
- Blue School T-shirt
- Plain black shorts, leggings or joggers
- Trainers (for outside PE)
- Black pumps (for indoor PE)
Good quality seccond hand items can be purchased from our school shop, please see Mrs Coghill for more information.
Spring 1 Curiculum
We will be reading Stone Age Boy by Satoshi Kitamura during our English lessions this half term.
Outcome; A story from the point of view of one of the characters.
We will be reading a fiction text this half term, Iron Man by Ted Hughes.
As a school we will continue to follow "Power Maths" our two areas of focus are Addition and Subtraction and Multiplication and Division.
The children will investigate Rocks during their first half term.
The Stone Age is our hitsory topic for the next term. Looking at changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. Late Neolithic hunter-gatherers and early farmers.
Working with Mrs Hughes to read chord notation when playing the steel pans. Listening to music and combining sounds to show expression.
Creating Media- Stop Frame Animation.
Dance - The Rainforest.
Throughout the year we will be developing our spoken Spanish, focusing on the following;
Numbers 0 - 10
Plaease and Thank you
Asking and giving our name
Our School rules: