Year 3 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 3! The teacher in Year 3 this year will be Miss Mursell and the teaching assistant will be Mrs Lloyd.
We are really looking forward to having the children in our class this year. If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us on Weduc or Facebook or come and see us on the door at the end of the day.
Things to remember;
- PE is on a Thursday, the children are to come to school in their PE kit
- Please send your child into school with a water bottle, every day
- Snack is 20p a day or £1 for the week, there is a choice of fresh fruit or toast
- Please send your child in with their reading record, every day
- Homework will go out on a Friday and must be returned the following Thursday
**Please keep an eye out for our weekly newsletters that will be posted on facebook every Monday to see what Year 3 will be focusing on throughout the week. It will also have important information, dates and websites that can help support the children's learning at home**
Children should be reading at least 4 times per week for 10 minutes or more, this is extremely important as it lays the foundations for future learning. Once your child has read please sign their reading record in order for them to work towards earning their Reader 4 Life certificates.
Just a remider to our parents, children should wear their full school uniform daily unless stated otherwise. School Uniform should include: -
- School jumper or cardigan
- White Shirt/polo shirt
- Tie (colour based on which house your child is in)
- Black/Grey Trousers or skirt
- School Dress
- Black Shoes- black trainers are accepted aslong as there is NO slogan, motif or white sole
your child's PE kit should include: -
- Blue School T-shirt
- Plain black shorts, leggings or joggers
- Trainers (for outside PE)
- Black pumps (for indoor PE)
Autumn 1 Curiculum
We will be reading Seal Surfer by Michael Foreman during our English lessions this half term.
Outcome; Recount - Letter Writing.
We will be reading an information text this half term, The Sea Book by Charlotte Milner.
As a school we will continue to follow "Power Maths" our two areas of focus are Place Value and Addition and Subtraction.
The children will investigate Forces and Magnets during their first half term.
Our Local Area is our first geography topic. The children will study the Lache, identifying human and physical features along with completing some fieldwork of the local area.
During our first art topic we will learn all about landscape artists such as Monet and Van Gough. The outcome for the children is to complete a landscape painting of Chester, which ties in with our first geography topic.
Computing systems and networks - Connecting Computers.
Throughout the year we will be developing our spoken Spanish, focusing on the following;
Numbers 0 - 10
Plaease and Thank you
Asking and giving our name
Our School rules: