Special Educational Needs
Lache Primary School is committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education to all the children who attend our school.
We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life.
• To ensure that all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
• To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and abilities.
• To maintain high quality teaching provision, where the teacher is the teacher of all pupils, including those with special educational needs.
• To ensure that SEND pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities.
• To ensure that parents of SEND pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s support, progress and attainment through SEN Support Plans.
• To ensure that SEND pupils are involved in decisions affecting their future SEN provision.
• To ensure that our Resource Provision has trained staff to ensure that all children have access to a highly differentiated curriculum and a fully inclusive timetable is in place.
• To ensure that all Annual Reviews of Educational Health Care Plans are completed within local authority timescales and that all children and parents are part of the review.
'Pupils with SEND make good progress. they benefit from a range of tailored interventions which support their good progress in reading, writing and mathematics.' OFSTED 2019'
The link below will take you to the 'Live Well' website. This website contains links to local services that can support you and your child.
Special Needs and Disability (SEND Report
SEN information reports are intended to:
- Tell you how the school's SEN policy is used.
- How help and support for pupils with SEND works in that setting.
- What happens and how.
- The Lache Primary School SEN Information Report is written in a way that makes the information clear and meaningful.
Please find the SEND Policy, SEND Information Report and SEND Action Plan for the current academic year.