PE & Sports Funding
Sports Funding at Lache Primary School
The government origianlly provided additional funding of £150 million per annum each academic year from 2013 to 2016 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. PE and Sports Funding has been allocated to all schools since its introduction. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent to improve PE and sport in schools.
In 2017-2018 the amount of funding was increased to £16,000 with an additonal £10 per pupil on roll in the October census. This increase in funding has been continued into the 2019-2020 year. This money has to be spent according to the rules of the Sports Premium.
Further details can be found here:
or visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
Possible uses for the funding might include:
• hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
• supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
• paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
• running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
• buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
• providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
• pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
Please see the attached document below to see the exact breakdown of how we have spent our PE funding and the impact it has had over the past 12 months.